Friday, July 3, 2015

184/365

I try to be really understanding of the following statement, but I find it very ridiculous: 

"My parents don't want me to work while I'm in school; they just want me to focus on school."

Last Christmas, I worked multiple jobs and went to school. I've worked since my sophomore year of high school and I think it's taught me responsibility, persistence and time-management. While I don't want to be ugly, I can notice a difference in the behavior of my friends that have had jobs before versus the ones that haven't. When you get a job as a teenager, it really adjusts you to what the "real world" and the people beyond your parents/teachers expect of you. 

I wasn't very responsible before I got my first job, which I didn't even want. I didn't want to have to be somewhere at a certain time and do all of this stuff just for a small paycheck... and then I got the paycheck. I used to have a picture with my first paycheck. Hold on a second. Okay, so I had to do some digging, but there it is. I was so excited for that first check, because I was finally making my own money.

Now not every family needs everyone to work and that's cool. If one does come from a wealthy family, I think that working for the experience is just as important. Whether you do it because you had to buy your own things because your family income is focused on other things or if you have a summer job just to keep busy and get some work experience, it's good for you. I'm sorry if you don't like getting up before three pm in the summer, but it's you'll be happy when you get the paycheck.  I've never heard anyone complain when they get paid.

catch you later,
Karleigh

“I can do this… I can start over. I can save my own life and I’m never going to be alone as long as I have stars to wish on and people to still love.” // Jennifer Elisabeth, Born Ready: Unleash Your Inner Dream Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment