Saturday, July 4, 2015

185/365



Happy Fourth of July! I'm not super patriotic and I kinda hate that, but I do enjoy a holiday that involves a hotdog and ribs. This holiday falls on a holiday, so I can't really call this a throwback, but I do wanna share some pictures from a Fourth of July from way back. This was probably when I was about four and my family celebrated with some family friends. We all had those cheap plastic hats with the red and blue trim and all of the plates and cups had the same flag print. It was really precious. I wish I had vivid memories from it, but at least I have the pictures!  
You may recognize my grandmother in this picture. She was kneeling down for the photo opportunity, even though there is no good picture. In one, my eyes are closed and in the other, hers are. I guess that's just the way it goes. But doesn't that cake look good! 

I hope you all have a wonderful Fourth of July and you eat a ton of hot dogs and watch some gorgeous fireworks. And of course, God bless America. 

catch you later,
Karleigh

“We forget that there is much more patriotism in having the audacity to differ from the majority than in running before the crowd; we forget that in the resistance of the minority some of the biggest things in our own history have been accomplished, and the man who looks on the Stars and Stripes and doesn't hold a right to say nay to his neighbor, even if the neighbor is of the larger party, has forgotten the history of his country.” // Woodrow Wilson




No comments:

Post a Comment