Friday, August 7, 2015

219/365

Displaying IMG_3663.JPG
Displaying IMG_3665.JPGI am by no means a cook. I don't do it enough to call myself that, but I do enjoy it. My grandmother used to cook all the time. My mom doesn't. So I guess it skipped a generation and now it's my turn. And I can cook if there are clear instructions and I have all the ingredients and it won't take me forever. I'm still working on patience. So my mom and I were looking through some cookbooks yesterday and decided that we could make chicken and rice for dinner. Chicken and rice is no big deal. If Lucy Ricardo could make it on I Love Lucy, then I can too.

The recipe called for:
    • 4 chicken breasts
    • 2 cups instant brown rice
    • 3/4 cup of water
    • Onion soup mix
    • Cream of Chicken
    • Cream of Mushroom
    You combine all of these things into a 13"x9" pan and then lay the chicken on top and then pour half the pack of the onion powder on top. Pop it in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes and you're done. It's a super salty dish -- I'm not a fan of salt -- but it was still really good. The chicken was probably the best part of the meal since the rice mixture had a saltier taste. Overall for the first time I made chicken and rice, it was pretty alright.

    catch you later,
    Karleigh

    "Bam!" // Emeril Lagasse

    No comments:

    Post a Comment