Sunday, August 9, 2015

221/365

 There is more to life than who holds your hand. There will be so many things to see and do and feel, and you can do all of them without someone else. I think sometimes about getting married and having kids. I have this ideal life, planned to the tee, and sometimes I want it so, so badly. Then sometimes... I can feel the romance, the thrill of living alone, of finding a companion in myself. I can be happy by myself. I think everyone has that fear of ending up alone, of having no one that likes you enough to live with you forever. And I don't think... I mean it isn't irrational. That is a genuine thing to think about and for some it is so consuming. I think it's hard to acknowledge that maybe your soulmate is you. You can hold your own hand when something goes wrong and you can congratulate yourself on a job well done. You can enjoy paintings, a slice of cake, a novel alone. You can eat alone and live alone and still be happy. Your happiness is not tied to marriage/family/job. Your happiness comes from within and not from the person that stands beside you.

catch you later,
Karleigh

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” // Oscar Wilde, An Ideal Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment