Monday, August 31, 2015

243/365

The Edge of Love: The Edge of LoveOne of my most favorite films is The Edge of Love, which is about the life of Dylan Thomas. Dylan Thomas, if you don't know, is a writer of the Modernism period. He was from Wales and wrote some pretty beautiful, albeit dark, stuff during World War II. I'm a big fan of Dylan Thomas because I enjoy his poetry, but I love this movie because I enjoy period pieces with Keira Knightley. 

The Edge of Love talks mainly about Thomas' experiences during World War II and his unstable marriage to Caitlin. Dylan Thomas wasn't a really nice guy; he was an alcoholic and he slept with a lot of people that he wasn't married to. You find out about a lot of the bad stuff of people when you study poets and writers. Usually they aren't the best or most sound people.

Anywho, I'm writing about my enjoyment of Dylan Thomas because I will possibly get to go and see his homestead, Wales, next summer. And that makes all of the hard classes worth it.

catch you later,
Karleigh

“[I'm] a freak user of words, not a poet.” // Dylan Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment