Tuesday, September 8, 2015

251/365

As an English major, it's kinda my job to love reading and writing. And as I love reading and writing, it's obvious that English stuff is something that I want to do for a long time. Someone asked me the other day how I could possibly enjoy writing papers or reading to write papers, to which I have to say how on Earth do you like knowing about the circulatory system or quadratic equations. Those things don't make sense to me, but they do to some people. It's all about what you like best, what you are best at and what best suits you in the long run. But since not everyone is great with literature and studying literature, we shall talk about that today. 

Okie dokie. Here's how to get ready to write a paper:

1. Get a book that you must read for class and get a copy that has been used but is still in good condition. If it's used it may already have some highlighting or scribbles, these are good things to have in your book.

2.Get your pens ready while reading the book. Mark the pages that contain things that you think might be important. I don't like highlighters for literature because highlighters don't tell me why I underlined something. I have to use pens to write in the margins -- trust me, you'll be happy about those margin scribbles later.
3. Now read that book.

4. If you have a topic that you are going to be writing about, or know what you want to write about -- for example, I am going to do one of my papers on familial relationships between Southern women -- then cater your notes to that topic.

5. After you finish the work, or multiple works, get your info together into something that will later become a paper.

6. Turn that something into a paper.

catch you later,
Karleigh

"& I said to the star : Consume me." // Virginia Woolf, The Waves

No comments:

Post a Comment