Saturday, May 2, 2015

122/365

I'm pretty sure one of my best friends is an almost two year old little boy. When you make friends, you make them in really funny ways. I'm friends with people that are a good deal older than me and friends that are obviously a good deal younger than me. I always had problems talking to folks my own age when I was small. I grew up with a much older mother and grandmother than most of my friends. There were never men around me. I was always around older women. Maybe that's why I have always acted like I'm thirty years old. 

I think it's funny how you find your friends. Similarities come in all shapes and sizes but the best people to be friends with are the people that help you to be a better version of you. It took me a long time to find friends like that. It takes you realizing who you are and what you want out of yourself for you to be able to identify people that will help you. But having friends that only help you isn't everything. Do you remember when your parents told you that "to make friends, you have to be a friend." Surprise, surprise. That's true.

If you are in a one-sided friendship that only benefits you, then it isn't a relationship. You have to constantly be prepared to help your friends, just like they would help you. The little boy that is one of my best friends teaches me to have patience, to be understanding and to always have fun. In exchange, I teach him about everything else. Right now, the world is his oyster and he's teaching me to make the world my oyster too. 

catch you later,
Karleigh

“Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them”// Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry

No comments:

Post a Comment