Friday, May 15, 2015

135/365

So, tomorrow is my graduation from my community college and the "official start" to my summer. It's only fitting that we prep for my summer reading. I don't know if I'll have any prereading to do for my next university but I'm going to read these for my own pleasure... and some for my book club.

They are stacked in no particular order on my record player. This photo is wonderful because you can't see the mess that is my bedroom floor. It's hard to get your room back in order when you move all your crap back from school. Anyway, the books are:
  • The Last Days of California by Mary Miller
  • On The Road by Jack Kerouac
  • The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • The Iliad by Homer
  • The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller.
I said they weren't stacked in any particular order, but I will probably read them as they come to the top. I've read The Song of Achilles before, as you may remember. It's characters are based of the ones from Homer's The Iliad so I'm reading it as a sort of... form of personal research. I think it'll be fun but who knows. I'm also planning to read The Divine Comedy by Dante but I don't own that one yet. It's also on my back burner as I definitely want to finish these ones first. I'm gonna start of my summer reading with The Last Days of California by Mary Miller. I'll let you know what I think in a few days.

catch you later,
Karleigh

“What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.”  //  J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

No comments:

Post a Comment