Wednesday, May 20, 2015

140/365

I graduated from community college about four days ago and I have spent the majority of those four days thinking about how much I cannot wait to buy new stationary and start school again. I am one of those people that thrive in an educational setting. Some people are different. I've always enjoyed school, not so much the social aspect as the educational area. I didn't have a ton of friends in high school, not like in college at least. I spent the majority of my time looking forward to class time rather than things like break or lunch.

My education is a get away for me, like some people have sports or other hobbies. I just really like school. I remember being younger and rewriting notes and homework just because. I'm kind of obsessive about how neat and organized my notes are and I have always enjoyed making them look nice. I don't always do a lot of learning though, mainly memorizing when it comes to things that I don't actually need. Like biology; why does an English major need a biology or math course? 

I know a lot of people don't agree. Some people abhor school for their own personal reasons. I'm not invalidating those reasons. Just like someone else cannot tell me that my education is pointless. I love learning and I love school. I guess if this were an eighties movies I would be the nerd... I always knew that Brian was my favorite in The Breakfast Club.

catch you later,
Karleigh

“To generalize is to be an idiot.” // William Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment