Thursday, May 21, 2015

141/365

When I was a little girl, I do not remember listening to a lot of music. I have like three really good memories of listening to music when I was little. We had a lady that cleaned our house and her daughter gave me an N*Sync tape. My mom brought home a VHS of music videos that included Beyonce's "Check Up On It." And my dad sent me a mixtape of Britney Spears. 

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5b/d9/cc/5bd9ccebdae385cb5c7a1ade55a96e6f.jpg
My love for Britney developed fairly early. I lived for singing her music in the car. We used to play her CD all the time, mainly because I refused to listen to anything else. I remember when Britney went through really hard times, because that's when people stopped listening to her. I had a friend whose mother wouldn't allow Britney's music in their house because she thought that the popstar was a bad influence.

At the time, I can understand that. No one knew what was going to happen to Britney Spears. After watching her perform on the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, it is clear to say that if there is a popstar model for resilience, Britney Spears is it. She has managed to come back from that awful time in her life and make the absolute most of her career for what it is. She's having a good time now. 

If you feel like post-Kevin-Federline Britney, remember that you could be building up to be 2015-Billboard-Music-Awards Britney. Just grow your hair back out and get ready to make a television special soon. 

catch you later,
Karleigh

“I would like to be called an inspiration to people, not a role model - because I make mistakes like everybody else. When I'm offstage, I'm just like everybody else.” // Britney Spears

No comments:

Post a Comment