Wednesday, August 5, 2015

217/365

All in the Family is absolutely one of my most favorite television shows. It doesn't run on television anymore, but it did when I was a little girl. I must have watched it a few times back when TVLand played the good shows, like Happy Days and The Andy Griffith Show. Both of those shows have Ron Howard in them which is funny. I love Ron Howard too.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/dd36bc69a6114b9150a32b1d914d6464/tumblr_mns0gmeWl81qc47c2o1_540.jpgThat's beside the point though. Anyway, All in the Family is described as the show where "a working class bigot constantly squabbles with his family over the important issues of the day." It's hilarious. I mean you can be on either side of the political spectrum and find the show hilarious, even if Archie verbally abuses everyone and everything. My mom has told me that she and my grandparents would watch it on TV every night when she was a teenager. It's funny too because Archie and Edith remind me a lot of my own grandparents -- in looks, not actions. From Archie baptizing his grandson without Mike and Gloria's approval to Edith finally getting to wear a pantsuit, I just find this show to be so much like coming home. I have no idea why, but All in the Family is like being in my house with my family. I guess that's why I used to always watch it when I got homesick.

catch you later,
Karleigh

"Silence is golden, so stifle thy self." // Archie Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment