Tuesday, August 11, 2015

223/365
I have this love for Tommy Hilfiger ads. I don't wear it, but I love the ads. They have this appeal, this attractive part to them. You know what I mean. It's so American, so down home, apple pie and red white and blue. It reminds me of prep schools, rich people and too many cocktails at a family Christmas party. Tommy Hilfiger was really big when I was young, it's still really big too I guess. But I always keep looking at the ads in magazines, looking for the same models, the same prints, the same prep school styles. Looking at the ads doesn't make me feel like I'm coming to my home but to a home that I've visited many times before, somewhere that I've spent the night, invited myself to dinner. I guess ads can be like that sometimes.

catch you later,
Karleigh

"I am lonely, yet not everybody will do. I don’t know why, some people fill the gaps and others emphasize my loneliness.” // Anaïs Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment