Thursday, August 20, 2015

232/365

I've talked to you guys about studying before, because I love school and academia and everything about learning. It's kinda my thing, which is why I am basically going to university to read and write and enjoy the architecture of my campus. Another of my things is architecture -- I freaking love buildings. But studying is kinda weird for me because I never had to study in high school, which some people look on as a blessing. Let me be the one to tell you that not having to study in high school is not a blessing. It's not because you go into college not knowing how to study and so you have to quickly figure out how you study and how you learn. I've had two years of college already so I'm fairly versed in studying and writing notes. I enjoy the note taking process because I like to write stuff down and I like to copy my notes. The thing that I have figured out already is that I cannot study in my dorm room... or well I cannot read in my dorm room. 

I don't know if it's because I read in bed or because it's later in the day but reading in my room makes me sleepy and my mind wanders. It's not good so I've taken to reading in the library -- pretty good, but still almost fell asleep -- and on campus -- my favorite so far but it's been raining off and on so. Since school is starting back, I think it's nice to remind yourself that studying doesn't necessarily have to happen at a desk. Sometimes a new location can open your mind in a lot of ways that you could have never imagined.

catch you later,
Karleigh

"I am so clever that sometimes I can’t understand a single word of what I am saying.” // Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment