Tuesday, August 25, 2015

237/365

Wellesley College, MA, 1969. Photo by Bradford F. HerzogI've been so busy these last few weeks that I feel like I haven't been able to do the stuff that I enjoy doing. Then there are some times during the past week where I have found myself enjoying things that I thought I wouldn't like. For example, I've taken to reading outside. It's partly because I cannot focus in my room or in the library. And even though I'm reading out loud -- just to myself. I hope others don't hear me -- it is a lot better than sitting in my bed trying to read while also thinking about the shows I could be watching on Netflix. 

I love to write and I haven't really gotten to do that either, which makes me a little sad. Obviously I'm writing now, but this is somewhat of a job to me -- not that that is a bad thing. I have to write on here everyday because it is helping me grow as a writer and it lets me unwind from the day. So in a way it's cathartic, but not in the way that writing fun stuff is. Do you get what I'm saying? 

Anyway, I just think you have to find new things that you enjoy at new parts of your life. I'm a firm believer that life is what you make it. If you decide to hate where you are at, then you will. If you decide to love it, you'll love it. So decide to love everything and find time for something you enjoy everyday.

catch you later,
Karleigh

"I have no partner, so I’ll just have to learn to lead." // unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment