Thursday, August 27, 2015

239/365

Getting a message about an "active shooter" on campus was definitely not what I thought would happen today. Now that I know that the guy was in a bad place mentally and that he did not have a weapon, I can look on the situation a little differently... but I want to be honest. I'm still scared, like that is a very scary thing. It's not something you walk away from without bother. I watched people go from happily eating before class to completely fearful in the arrival of one text message. I saw a guy throw his bike down so that he could run faster. I thought we were completely fine and then heard people telling me to run away from campus because "there's another one." 

You don't leave days like this without feeling changed by the situation. I'm so thankful for the Lord and His love for us. I'm thankful to the girl that stood up and prayed over at least a hundred of us stuffed into one classroom. I'm thankful that the boy can get help for the problems that he was and is facing. I'm so thankful for all of the police officers that protected our campus to the best of their ability. I'm thankful that all of the students and faculty are able to call their friends and family and tell them that they are okay, that they are safe. 

catch you later,
Karleigh

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God." // Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment