Thursday, September 17, 2015

260/365

This week I noticed something different at my school. There were lines of t-shirts, painted with various quotes and Bible verses and they were all addressing the abuse that men, women and children face. The Clothesline Project is a project started in 1990 to address the violence against women in our country. It started as a way for women who had experienced abuse to express themselves on t-shirts, a cathartic way to help them address the issues that they had faced. Violence against people and the abuse that so many people suffer is horrifying. Every 107 seconds, someone is abused in America. That's extremely sad, for lack of a better word. I'm really proud to see, not only my university, but my peers address the abuse and violence that so many face. If you go to school with me, then I hope you made a shirt.

catch you later,
Karleigh

"Fairytales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know they exist. Fairytales tell them that dragons can be killed." // G.K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment