Saturday, September 19, 2015

262/365

Football, as I have often seen, is a very big part of the South. People get dressed up in their nicest clothes to sit outside in the sun for like two hours. I don't get it. I'm not a big football person. However, I know that it has a lot to do with identity. Often people cheer for the school that they have attended, so these teams are a part of their identity. Being from the South in itself is all about identity. We often identify with others from our area, because we have been through the same things. Our mamas say the same thing. We share a dialect. And, if I look at it this way, I can understand the obsession with football and the SEC. It's a part of who they are.

catch you later,
Karleigh

“I am a citizen of the world.” // Sylvia Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment