Sunday, September 20, 2015

263/365

 As an English major, I have to do a lot of reading. It's one of my favorite things to do really. I've always enjoyed reading, but it's hard to keep loving it sometimes when you are in school. Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy it, but sometimes I have to read things that I don't like. 

And it always surprises me how many people don't like to read, and it makes me feel a lot like they just haven't read the right book. My mom keeps a little boy and right now, his favorite book is "Go Dog Go." I've read that book to him so many times and still he wants to read it over and over again. I don't mind at all. I'll read it as many times as he wants as long as he keeps enjoying the book. It's so important to read, because it helps people be empathetic. It increases vocabulary and it inspires imagination. So if you don't like to read, try a different genre and see if maybe reading hits you differently. And even if you don't like it, reading unattractive texts is probably better for you that reading the appealing ones.

catch you later,
Karleigh

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.” // George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

No comments:

Post a Comment