Wednesday, September 30, 2015

273/365

Is "In Her Shoes" the movie with Cameron Diaz where she has trouble reading and then goes to Miami and works in a nursing home reading to the elderly? The answer is yes, I think, but I was just thinking about how nice it would be to get to read to older people. It's also similar to the movie "The Reader" about the boy having an affair with an older woman and he reads to her because she cannot read English... Only minus the fact that she's a Nazi. Either way, I think it is really nice to read to people because books are so special to some people and who wouldn't want to give something special to someone?

I remember when I was in the third grade and my teacher would always bring one of her former students to read to the class and it was so nice and I always wanted to be the kid that got called back... I wasn't, but perhaps I've been wanted to read to people for a long time... So maybe I am in the right major, no matter how crazy I feel right now.

catch you later,
Karleigh

“Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.” // Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

No comments:

Post a Comment