Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20, 2016

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe it's already been five days since I last chatted with you all. Why is my time here at Oxford passing so quickly? I'm so in love with this city. I never want to leave. I know normally I would tell you guys a play by play of all that has happened, but this time I'm going to do a mid-point reflection. As we come to a close, some parents have come to visit a few girls and so only four of us were in the house this weekend. I visited London and shopped around Oxford Circus. I've gone out with a friend that I've made here in Oxford, and it's all been nice. We all had a really lovely weekend, whether we were here or if we were with our families.

We've all grown so much here in Oxford. I never realized how connected I was to my family and my home until I left it behind. I feel so much more independent now; it's like I can do anything. And of course, I could do anything before as well but now I know. I know now that I can honestly move to another country and make it. I can, not only survive, but live in a foreign place. I can call somewhere new home even when I know almost no one. It's a completely new kind of independence. I'm in love with it. I'm so in love with Oxford and, today, I'm so very in love with life. 

catch you later,
Karleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment