Tuesday, September 22, 2015

265/365

I remember the year that I was in the fifth grade very well. I think that was one of the last years that I really enjoyed school, like before people learned what flatirons were and that being mean to each other was "cool." In fifth grade, you still feel a lot like a baby and you get to really just enjoy yourself as yourself. I remember that year for a few reasons: one girl stuck a pair of childproof scissors in a light socket, a girl with legs a mile long sat behind me, and we got to go to the library every week. 

I've always loved books and, therefore, libraries. I rented a ton of books when I was in the fifth grade, namely the Goosebumps books and the Magic Tree House books. I loved those. I remember a bunch of us going over to the Metamorphosis book series and making fun of the wacky covers. I think that was the first year that I sat down and read an entire book in a night, like an actual chaptered book. So, I have this love affair with libraries. I think they are very crucial because a lot of people, myself included, view them as a sacred quiet place. It's somewhere that anyone can go and be in a silent area with nothing but rows and rows of different worlds printed and bound into tiny hard covers. 

Can you tell that I just really love libraries?

catch you later,
Karleigh

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." // Cicero

No comments:

Post a Comment